Tuesday, April 24, 2012

In God I trust

Today as I was checking the news feed on face book. I stumbled across a note I had written in June of 2011. As I read the note again, I tried to remember what crisis I was facing when I wrote my declaration of faith with such conviction.

Then I remembered that last year I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). I was in extreme pain in my feet and had difficulty walking. I remember feelings of despair and hopelessness. I found myself in a crisis of belief.

The questions... WHY? and Where do I go from here? Well I found myself again at the foot of the cross and choosing to put my trust & hope in Christ.

Today I sit here looking back at that time and see the victory God has given me over my RA. It is in remission and for the most part I'm pain free and active again.

I'm posting this note in hope that it will encourage others but mostly as a reminder to me. That God is faithful to those who choose to put their trust in him.


DECLARATION OF FAITH 06-19-2011

As I face this crisis in my life; I choose to believe God is who He says He is & that He loves me.

I believe God is in control of all things according to His holy word. (Psalms 103:19). And He works ALL things for my good according to His purposes to conformed my character to the likeness of His son Jesus Christ (Romans 8:28-29). I choose not to lose heart when I don't understand WHY? (Isaiah 55:8-9) And in ALL things I choose to be thankful. For God has begun a good work in me & He is faithful to complete it. Father God establish this TRUTH deep inside my heart & mind so I will trust in your unfailing love & choose to follow you forever.

Photo taken with a Nikon D80 Lens 105

1 comment:

  1. Romans 8:35,37; Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?....But in ALL these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.

    ReplyDelete